QCF Mag. Accurate. News. Cincinnati.

Welcome the the web-log that is "Always In It, Always On It and Always Wants It"©. QueenCityForum.com Magazine's Blog is the First Independent Cincinnati News Blog to Feature Weekly City Hall Reporting.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Hackett Has Electability Edge Over Brown

Sherrod Brown may be a good guy, but he'll never get votes like this: [The News Blog]

Butch Davis, a 70-year-old lifelong Republican, pulled up at Hackett HQ in a 1943 Marine Corps jeep, complete with a mounted 30-caliber machine gun, sporting a “Veterans for Hackett” sign. “I’m a redneck from Brown County,” he declared proudly, extending his weathered hand. “Paul’s pro-choice,” he added. “I’m pro-life. He said educating the young fellas and gals is the answer to the problem, not outlawing abortion.”

Davis continued in a thick Southern drawl, “I used to think clinic bombers were doing the right thing. My preacher said I was too uptight.” He chuckled. Now, he said, “I think Paul’s approach is as good as mine.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home