QCF Mag. Accurate. News. Cincinnati.

Welcome the the web-log that is "Always In It, Always On It and Always Wants It"©. QueenCityForum.com Magazine's Blog is the First Independent Cincinnati News Blog to Feature Weekly City Hall Reporting.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

CinAd's Music Scene This Week Right After Your Weekly Dose

This is a weird one. Every week, Cincinnati Advance (CinAd) releases this 10 minuted in Cincy bit. It is always just a litle tidbit, frankly a brillian idea for a column. This week is no different, but it a bit uncomfortable...

10 min. in Cincy - 12:44- 12:54am. Mad Frog's

The subject of this evening's episode: Doug disproves his own theory of maximum sensory default.

Freakbass is a band that had come across my realm of awareness. But this is the first time I had heard them play. I know Josh-on-bass from high school. Every band he's been in has been funktastic.

Tad, being their stage manager, got us in on the VIP list. He's good at working events. Being the best man at my ceremony, Tad's had a way of turning chaos to order (and when bored, order to chaos).

When the music hit it's peak, Tad shouted an introduction between me and some guy. I shook hands with Bootsy's stage manager. And it was right about then that I hap-hazardly tested my theory of maximum sensory default. Because it was while talking with Bootsy's man that I released a puff of rude wind. I didn't mean to- it just happened."Oh well," I thought to myself. "There's so much noise in here, no one will notice."

And that's when the theory was disproven. I had thought that if a person's hearing was maxed out, then their olfactory senses would be in default. If a person was so distracted by sound, then their sense of smell would be put off, right?

Nope. It was pretty evident that something evil had invaded the air.

There was no way out of this one except to narrow my eyes and squint at Tad. In this way, I leveled the accusation against him.

I know... Not very nice. This guy had been my best man and had gotten me in here without paying. And now I was blaming silent evil on him. Bootsy's man sauntered off. Had he been driven away? I hoped this would not be a stain on Tad's reputation. But oh well.

It would seem that the only sense that was max-defaulted, was my sense of class. Ah, fergheddit. At least the band's good.

Wire Contributors: Brian Griffin, Doug Meyers, & Eric Platt. Email: wire@cincinnatiadvance.com

MainStrasse Mardi Gras - Begin your Mari Gras Celebration in the huge MainStrasse Village Entertainment Tent in the Fifth Street Parking Lot or your favorite MainStrasse Tavern. Start your celebration in the big tent with Leroy Ellington and the E Funk Band at 9PM. Entertainment Tent and Cajun Food Booths open at 7 p.m. There will also be a parade on Main Street at 7:45 p.m. MUST BE 21 TO PURCHASE A TICKET.
Saturday Night Music:
alchemize:
girls & boys with performances by The Sights and High and Low
Northside Tavern:
Pike 27, Ritt Dietz
Comet:
West Elliot, The Ralph Jones Band
Copper's on Main:
The Squares
Southgate House:
Sohio, Late Nite Drivers, Flyaway Minion, Soundscape
Mad Frog:
Mike Perkins
Poison Room:
FRANTIC ROMANTIC REUNION SHOW w/ FAT KID DODGEBALL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home